ِِAttack on Yemen see port would displace at least 400,000, UN says

An attack on Yemen’s Hodeidah port would displace more than 400,000 people, the UN International Organisation for Migration said yesterday, doubling its previous minimum estimate.
“A minimum of 400,000 people will flee the city eastwards, once Al Hudaydah is under attack,” IOM’s Director of Operations and Emergencies Mohamed Abdiker said in a statement, using a different English spelling for the port’s name.
The UN has previously warned against any attack by coalition forces on the Houthi-held port, the aid lifeline for millions of people in desperate need of food, saying that 200,000-500,000 people could be displaced.
Several Yemeni banks headquartered in the capital city of Sanaa have decided to relocate their operations to the temporary capital, Aden, to avoid…
March 12, 2025 -- The Houthi militia has taken control of the garlic trade in Yemen, leading to a significant increase in prices. Over the past two…
The depreciation of the Yemeni currency leads to rising prices and hardship for citizens amid persistent conflict.The Yemeni rial has seen dram…