USS Cole bomber al-Badawi targeted in Yemen air strike

The US military is trying to verify reports that it has killed one of the men behind a deadly attack on the USS Cole in Yemen in 2000.
A US defence official confirmed a "precision strike" had been carried out on Tuesday against Jamal al-Badawi to the east of the Yemeni capital, Sanaa.
Badawi was killed in the strike, according to US and Arab media reports.
The militant, said to be an al-Qaeda commander, was on the FBI's most wanted list over the attack on the warship.
Badawi was convicted of plotting and taking part in the bombing in Yemen in 2004 but escaped from prison and, after handing himself in again, was allowed to walk free.
A US grand jury indicted him in 2003 for his role in the bombing, and the FBI offered a reward of up to $5m (£4m) for information leading to his arrest.
What is being said about Badawi's fate?
Captain Bill Urban of US Central Command told the BBC the strike targeting Badawi had occurred in the Marib governorate, adding that US forces were "still assessing the results of the strike following a deliberate process to confirm his death".
Several Yemeni banks headquartered in the capital city of Sanaa have decided to relocate their operations to the temporary capital, Aden, to avoid…
March 12, 2025 -- The Houthi militia has taken control of the garlic trade in Yemen, leading to a significant increase in prices. Over the past two…
The depreciation of the Yemeni currency leads to rising prices and hardship for citizens amid persistent conflict.The Yemeni rial has seen dram…