35 African migrants go missing off Yemen coast
At least 35 African migrants went missing after their boat capsized in bad weather off southwest Yemen on Monday (February 2nd), AFP reported.
Authorities have rescued eight Ethiopians and five Somalis, including a woman, and the body of another Somali has been retrieved from the boat which had been carrying 49 people, Gen. Saleh al-Sabbari told the official Saba news agency.
Strong currents and high waves overturned the boat off the city of Dhubab as it was sailing through Bab al-Mandeb separating the Arabian Peninsula from east Africa, said Saba.
It said search operations were on-going.
Aden — Ports under the authority of Yemen’s internationally recognized government have received more than two million metric tons of fu…
Mukalla — Local authorities in Hadramout have announced the inauguration of Yemen’s first solar-powered cement station, a landmark proj…
AbuDhabi -- The United Arab Emirates has pledged $1 billion to bolster Yemen’s electricity sector, marking one of the largest development com…