France Declares State of Emergency After Attacks in Paris Kill More Than 120, No one has taken responsibility for the assaults

In total, at least five attackers were killed on Friday, Molins, the Paris public prosecutor told the press. And the head of the Paris police, Michel Cadot, reportedly said all assailants involved in the carnage are thought to be dead. It remains unclear how many people were involved in planning the attacks and if they're still at large.
"We were at a cafe [near the concert hall] called Ober Mamma smoking a cigarette outside,” Charlotte Pautoin, 29, tells Newsweek. “We saw people running towards us and police arriving. Someone said there was some kind of attack so we ran inside.There were 80 of us inside the restaurant. They turned off the lights and we all lay down on the ground until the police arrived and then told us to leave the restaurant so we left and ran down the street." Around the same time, an explosion was reported at a bar near Stade de France, where France's soccer team was hosting Germany. A second explosion was reported moments later at the stadium. President Hollande, who was watching the soccer match, was evacuated. “We heard shots and thought people were celebrating,” Salim, a 30-year-old at the stadium who declined to give his last name for safety reasons, tells Newsweek. “But then there was an explosion and everyone started running—it was like a stampede, people climbing over each other. I saw kids that had fallen to the ground, people that had been hit. Some people were badly injured.” Shootings occurred in the 10th and 11th arrondissements (quarters) in Paris at the same time, including at the bar Le Carillon. “I saw five bodies on the ground covered in a white sheet,” says Sabien Caron, 15, who lives nearby a restaurant where one of the shootings occurred. “I saw two more people lying on the ground with the emergency services trying to resuscitate them It’s a very calm neighborhood and nothing like this has ever happened before.” In the aftermath of the attacks, other cities around the world were on high alert. “The NYPD is in close touch with our French police counterparts as well as our FBI partners here, following the tragic events in Paris,” the department said in a statement. No one has taken responsibility for the assaults, but jihadists on social media were praising them, using the hashtag “Paris is burning" on Twitter. News WeekSeveral Yemeni banks headquartered in the capital city of Sanaa have decided to relocate their operations to the temporary capital, Aden, to avoid…
March 12, 2025 -- The Houthi militia has taken control of the garlic trade in Yemen, leading to a significant increase in prices. Over the past two…
The depreciation of the Yemeni currency leads to rising prices and hardship for citizens amid persistent conflict.The Yemeni rial has seen dram…