Yemen Adopts Measures to Protect Students, Expats in China from Coronavirus

The Yemeni legitimate government took a number of measures to protect its students and expatriates in China from being infected with the new coronavirus, official sources said Monday.
The sources said Yemeni Prime Minister Ma'een Abdulmalik ordered ministries and specialized government agencies to take all the necessary arrangements to protect its nationals.
The ministries were allowed to arrange the evacuation of Yemenis who were stranded in the capital of China’s Hubei province and the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak.
Abdulmalik announced the measures during an emergency cabinet meeting held in the temporary capital, Aden, to discuss the repercussions of the coronavirus outbreak.
The government is coordinating with the Chinese foreign ministry and the staff at the Yemeni embassy to evacuate students, if necessary.
On Monday, Abdulmalik telephoned the Chargé d'Affairs of the Yemeni embassy to China, Ahmed Jaber, to check on the students and the Yemeni community in China.
“So far, there are no Yemenis in China affected with the coronavirus,” Jaber said.
He pointed out that 115 Yemeni students live in Wuhan and that the number of Yemeni expatriates is estimated at around 20,000.
He said the embassy staff in Beijing, in coordination with the relevant Chinese authorities, are available to provide assistance to all Yemeni nationals.
Precautions were also being taken to prevent the spread of the virus in Yemen.
The Iraqi government has pledged to restrict the activities of Yemen’s Houthi-aligned government within its borders, confining their operatio…
The United States is increasing the number of aircraft carriers deployed in the Middle East to two, keeping one that is already there and sending a…
US President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he had a positive conversation with Egyptian counterpart Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on issues including Gaza,…