Yemeni officials say top diplomat resigned over UN deal

Yemeni officials say the country’s foreign minister has submitted his resignation to President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi due to differences over a U.N.-brokered peace deal.
The officials said on Monday that Khaled al-Yamani’s resignation came after other government figures blamed him for the “failure” in implementing the deal, which was agreed on with the Houthi rebels last year in Sweden.
They say that the president has not decided whether to accept the foreign minister’s resignation. Al-Yamani was named Yemen’s top diplomat in May last year.
The sources also say al-Yamani complained that other government agencies and officials have interfered with his ministry’s work.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief media. The president’s office and al-Yamani did not immediately answer calls seeking comment.
AFP.
The Pentagon has announced that recent US airstrikes in Yemen successfully targeted and eliminated key Houthi leaders.  These strikes…
Israeli Army Radio on Saturday said two ballistic missiles were launched from Yemen overnight and Saturday morning, claiming both projectiles fell…
The United States has conducted targeted raids on Houthi-controlled weapons depots located in Kahlan camp, east of Saada.  These strik…