Houthi drone from Yemen intercepted as it targeted Saudi Arabia

A drone launched by the Iran-backed Houthi militia in Yemen towards Saudi Arabia was intercepted Wednesday, the Arab coalition said.
The drone was shot down at 10:20 p.m. in Yemeni airspace after it was launched from a site north of the capital Sanaa.
It is the latest in a string of attacks by the Houthis using exposive "kamikaze" drones. One person was killed and seven others were wounded on Sunday when the militants attacked Saudi Arabia's Abha airport. It follows an attack on the same target earlier this month that injured 26 people.
Coalition spokesman Col. Turki Al-Maliki said "terrorist Houthis continue to launch drones to carry out hostile and terrorist acts by targeting civilians and civilian installations.
The coalition, which includes Saudi Arabia, intervened in the Yemen war in 2015 in support of the Internationally recognized government after the Houthis overran Sanaa and launched an offensive to seize Aden.AFP.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…