Houthis target pro-gov't forces in Yemen's Hodeidah

Yemen's Houthi rebel group continued Tuesday to target pro-government forces positioned in the country's Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, a military official told Xinhua.
"A number of military sites affiliated with the joint pro-government forces were shelled by the Houthi fighters in Durayhmi district in Hodeidah's southern part," said the local official on condition of anonymity.
He said that artillery and mortar shells landed near the positions of the pro-government forces but caused no casualties.
Snipers belonging to the Houthi group launch sporadic operations against the pro-government soldiers and civilians in Hodeidah, according to the source.
Last week, the Houthis indiscriminately fired their artillery shells against the residential areas in Tuhyata district of Hodeidah, leaving nine civilians killed and 10 others injured including women and children.
Hodeidah is the main Yemeni port city on the Red Sea and key entry of most Yemen's commercial imports and humanitarian aid.
The over five-year grinding war has pushed more than 20 million people to the verge of starvation.
Iran-allied Houthi rebels control much of Hodeidah while the Saudi-backed government troops have advanced to the southeastern districts.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…