5 killed in missile attack against military base in Yemen's Marib

At least five members of Yemen's armed forces including a senior officer were killed Wednesday during a missile attack against a military base in Yemen's northern province of Marib, a security official said.
The local security source said on condition of anonymity that a missile "apparently fired by the Houthi rebels" targeted Sahn al-Jan military base in the northern parts of the government-controlled Marib province.
The source said that "the missile caused a huge explosion and killed around five members of the armed forces, including a senior pro-government officer."
He said that at least 11 other soldiers were injured during the missile attack on the pro-government military base.
Last month, a similar Houthi-fired missile targeted the temporary headquarters of Yemen's Defense Ministry in Marib.
The missile was aimed at targeting a meeting of the country's defense minister and senior military leaders, but it missed, leaving two soldiers killed.
So far, the Houthi rebels have not claimed responsibility for firing missiles against the pro-government military base in Marib, east of the Houthi-controlled capital Sanaa.
During the past years, Houthis used to fire ballistic missiles against military bases of the Saudi-backed Yemeni government in Marib.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…