Yemen troops kill Houthis in Taiz

Thirteen Houthis were killed and others wounded in clashes with the Yemeni army in Taiz province, state news agency SPA reported on Tuesday.
The Yemeni army seized weapons left by the Houthis before they escaped, the spokesperson of the Taiz axis military command Colonel Abdelbaset Al-Bahr said.
Earlier this month, the Yemeni forces regained control of areas in Al-Jawf province, northwest of the war-torn country, after clashes with the Iran-backed Houthi militia.
Conflict in Yemen erupted in 2014 when the Houthis overran the capital Sanaa, and much of the north, pushed out the internationally recognized government and ushered a civil war that has killed tens of thousands of people.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…