Egypt has "great concern" over situation in Yemen

Egypt said on Saturday it has "great concern" over the recent developments in Yemen, and urged all political factions to find a political solution to the crisis.
"The Egyptian ambassador in Yemen is making communications with various Yemeni political forces, calling them to put the country's higher interests and the unity of its territories prior to any narrow political considerations," Egyptian Foreign Ministry's spokesman Badr Abdel-Atty said in a statement.
After failure of UN-led negotiations among Yemeni political forces, the Shiite Houthi group announced on Friday a constitutional declaration to dismantle the Yemeni parliament and form a five-member presidential council and a transitional government.
The declaration of Houthis, who has taken over the control of the Yemeni capital Sanaa since September last year, was vastly rejected by political forces in the turmoil-stricken country.
The spokesman said Cairo is also talking to other Arab nations, especially the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and the Arab league.
The statement stressed the necessity for respecting the will of the Yemenis and responding to their "legitimate democratic aspirations."
Egypt also urged all Yemenis to denounce violence and reach a political solution in accordance with the results of the national dialogue and the Gulf initiative.
Xinhua
Suspected U.S. airstrikes battered rebel-controlled areas of Yemen into Wednesday, with the Houthis saying the attacks killed at least six people a…
US air strikes on Yemen’s Hudaydah City targeted a water management building on Tuesday evening, killing at least three civilians and woundin…
The United States imposed sanctions on Wednesday on Russia-based people and entities working to help procure weapons and commodities - including st…