Yemeni government calls for Iran’s arms embargo to be extended

Yemen’s Minister of Information Muammar Al-Iryani called on the international community and the permanent members of the Security Council to extend the arms embargo previously imposed on Iran.
The Yemeni minister also called to intensify pressure on the Iranian regime. He said Tehran’s “terrorist activities that undermine the security and stability of the region and international peace” must be stopped, state news agency Saba reported on Saturday.
“The Iranian regime’s continued supply of weapons, experts and funds to the Houthi militia is a flagrant violation of international resolutions related to the Yemeni crisis,” Iryani said.
Al-Iryani added that the arrest of a Houthi cell for smuggling Iranian weapons and its admission to receiving training in Iran and its association with the Revolutionary Guards is compelling evidence of Iran’s involvement in managing weapons smuggling operations and supporting the Houthi militia.
Al-Iryani indicated that these confessions confirm the Houthi militia's exploitation of the Stockholm Agreement – signed in December 2018 – and its use of the ports of Hodeidah, Saleef and Ras Issa for smuggling Iranian weapons.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…