U.N. welcomes Saudi peace initiative on Yemen

The United Nations welcomed on Monday Saudi Arabia’s new peace initiative to end the war in Yemen, which aligns with the world body’s own efforts, U.N. spokesman Farhan Haq said on Monday.
Saudi Arabia’s plan includes a nationwide ceasefire under U.N. supervision and the reopening of air and sea links, the kingdom’s foreign minister said earlier on Monday.
Reuters
Suspected U.S. airstrikes battered rebel-controlled areas of Yemen into Wednesday, with the Houthis saying the attacks killed at least six people a…
US air strikes on Yemen’s Hudaydah City targeted a water management building on Tuesday evening, killing at least three civilians and woundin…
The United States imposed sanctions on Wednesday on Russia-based people and entities working to help procure weapons and commodities - including st…