Because of China: The announcement of the new UN envoy to Yemen delayed

New York, The announcement of the new UN envoy to Yemen was delayed, the Swedish ambassador, Hans Grundberg, who had announced by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, last July as a fourth UN envoy to Yemen since 2011.
The envoy was ratified by the Yemeni government and four of the five permanent members of the Security Council, while China has abstained from voting so far, which is the reason for the delay in the announcement. According to source in New York.
The source said that he asked two ambassadors close to the Yemeni file in the UN Security Council, and both of them have no enough information about the reason for the delay of the Chinese approval.
Until now, we do not know the reasons, and it has become a mystery about which diplomats and journalists alike whisper. What we do know is (that) the Chinese ambassador is now on summer vacation,” adding, “There is no time frame for giving approval but others have.”the source said.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…