Yemen : US forces destroy an anti-ship missile in Houthi-controlled area

US forces successfully engaged and destroyed one anti-ship missile in a Houthi controlled area of Yemen on April 4, US Central Command said in a statement on Friday.
There were no injuries or damage reported by US, coalition, or commercial ships, the statement added.
Hour prior, Abdul Malik al-Houthi, leader of Yemen’s Iran-aligned Houthi movement, said some 424 US and British airstrikes on targets in Yemen have killed 37 people and wounded 30.
The Houthis, who control Yemen’s capital and most populous areas, have attacked international shipping in the Red Sea since November in solidarity with the Palestinians in the war between Israel and Hamas militants, drawing US and British retaliatory strikes since February.
Al-Houthi, in a televised speech, said 90 ships had been targeted in the Red Sea and drone attacks had increased and expanded to additional regions.
He said 34 attacks had been launched in a month, using 125 ballistic missiles and drones.
The Houthi attacks have disrupted global shipping, forcing firms to take longer and more expensive journeys around the southern tip of Africa.
The United States and Britain carried out the strikes against Houthi targets in response to the attacks on shipping.
Recent US airstrikes in Yemen have reportedly killed 70 Houthi militants, including several high-ranking officials.  The strikes targe…
The Houthi movement has claimed that US airstrikes targeted Kamaran Island, located in the western Yemeni province of Al-Hudaydah.  Ac…
US warplanes carried out airstrikes on Saada city in northern Yemen on early Sunday, targeting a shop and a nearby house, Houthi-affiliated media r…