Yemen : US military says it defeated Houthi attack on ships in Gulf of Aden

Two U.S. Navy destroyers escorting three merchant vessels through the Gulf of Aden defeated an attack by Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen, the U.S. military said on Tuesday.
The Houthis launched multiple drones and a cruise missile while the ships were transiting the Gulf on Monday and Tuesday, U.S. Central Command said in a post on X.
"The reckless attacks resulted in no injuries and no damage to any vessels, civilians or U.S. Naval," CENTCOM said.
A military spokesman for the Houthis said earlier on Tuesday that the group had targeted three supply ships and two American destroyers accompanying them in the Gulf of Aden.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…