Israeli military says missile fired from Yemen shot down, sirens sound

The Israeli military said sirens sounded across central Israel on Monday as it intercepted a missile fired from Yemen.
“One missile launched from Yemen was intercepted before crossing into Israeli territory,” the military said in a statement.
An AFP journalist reported that sirens sounded in Tel Aviv, the main commercial hub.
Israel’s Magen David Adom emergency service said it had not received any calls about any casualties from the missile interception.
Earlier on Monday, an Israeli navy missile boat intercepted a drone in the Mediterranean after it was launched from Yemen, the military said.
The Iran-backed Houthis have launched several attacks against Israel from Yemen since the war in Gaza began more than a year ago.
The Houthis say they are acting in solidarity with Palestinians.
On December 9, a drone claimed by Houthis exploded on the top floor of a residential building in the central Israel city of Yavne, causing no casualties.
In July, a Houthi drone attack in Tel Aviv killed an Israeli civilian, prompting retaliatory strikes on the Yemeni port of Hodeidah.
The Houthis, who control most of Yemen’s population centers, have also frequently targeted ships in the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…