Yemen : Houthi media reports US fresh strikes

Houthi media in Yemen reported strikes on the Iran-backed Houthis’ homeland of Saada on Friday, blaming “American aggression.”
The group’s Al-Masirah TV cited their correspondent in Saada, in Yemen’s north, for their latest claim of strikes since the United States on Saturday said it carried out air strikes that killed several Houthi leaders, after the Houthis said they would resume attacks on Israeli shipping.
The Houthi-run health ministry said the US strikes on Saturday had killed 53 people and wounded nearly 100 others.
Washington began the new military offensive on Saturday, promising to use overwhelming force until the Houthis stop firing on vessels in the key shipping routes in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden.
In return, the Houthis claim that they have repeatedly attacked a US aircraft carrier battle group.
The group targeted ships in the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden after the start of the Gaza war up until a ceasefire began in January, claiming solidarity with the Palestinian people.
Last week, they threatened to renew attacks on shipping in the vital maritime trade route over Israel’s aid blockade on the Palestinian territory, triggering the first US strikes on Yemen since President Donald Trump took office in January.
The Houthis have also claimed attacks targeting Israel in recent days, vowing to escalate after the resumption of massive military operations in the Gaza Strip.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…