Unknown gunmen kidnap 2 foreign aid workers in Yemen

Unknown gunmen kidnapped two foreign nationals working with the international charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) in Yemen's central province of Marib, a security official said on Tuesday.
The official said the abducted foreigners were identified as nationals from Germany and Myanmar, both serving under the MSF banner.
While acknowledging it has lost contact with its staff members in Yemen, MSF refrained from providing additional information, citing concerns for the safety of the abducted workers.
No group has claimed responsibility for the abduction so far.
Kidnappings of foreign aid workers and journalists have been a recurring issue in Yemen, which has been embroiled in a prolonged civil war between the Houthi rebels and the country's government forces since 2014.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…