Houthi rebels cede control of Yemen’s primary port, officials say.

Saturday's transfer, which was confirmed by FRANCE 24's UN correspondent, was carried out under the supervision of UN monitors as part of a deal reached during peace talks in Sweden earlier this month. A UN team arrived in Hodeida earlier this week.
A Houthi spokesman also confirmed the transfer. "Our forces started withdrawing last night from the port of Hodeida, as agreed in Sweden," the spokesman said on Al’Massira, the movement’s television channel.
The agreement also provides for the withdrawal of forces from the ports of Salif and Rass Issa, the ports of entry for most of the humanitarian aid destined for the millions of Yemenis threatened by famine.
The talks in Sweden also produced a deal on the exchange of thousands of prisoners of war from both sides.
Yemen was plunged into civil war in 2014 when the rebels captured the capital Sanaa. They now control most of northern Yemen, including Hodeida. A Saudi-led coalition has been fighting on the government side since 2015.
AFP.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…