Random artillery shelling leaves 45 families displaced in Yemen's Hodeidah

According To Xinhua Agency , Random artillery shelling forced around 45 families to leave their residential areas in the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah on Wednesday, a government official Said.
The local government official said that "nearly 45 families left their houses located in Hodeidah's southern parts, particularly in Tuhyata district, due to the escalation of indiscriminate shelling in recent days."
The Yemeni government official said that Houthis intensified their indiscriminate shelling on populated areas located near the locations of the pro-government forces.
"A new camp has been established in government-controlled areas to shelter displaced families and provide them with essential services such as water tanks, mattresses and food baskets," he added.
Last week, the Houthis indiscriminately fired their artillery shells against the residential areas in Tuhyata district of Hodeidah, leaving nine civilians killed and ten others injured, including women and children.
Hodeidah is the main Yemeni port city on the Red Sea and key entry of most Yemen's commercial imports and humanitarian aid.
Iran-allied Houthis control much of Hodeidah while the Saudi-backed government troops have advanced to the southeastern districts.
Several Yemeni banks headquartered in the capital city of Sanaa have decided to relocate their operations to the temporary capital, Aden, to avoid…
March 12, 2025 -- The Houthi militia has taken control of the garlic trade in Yemen, leading to a significant increase in prices. Over the past two…
The depreciation of the Yemeni currency leads to rising prices and hardship for citizens amid persistent conflict.The Yemeni rial has seen dram…