UN envoy to Yemen leaves Sanaa with Patrick Cammaert

UN envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths departed from Sanaa on Wednesday with chief monitor Patrick Cammaert, Al Arabiya reported.
The departure was due to Patrick Cammaert refusing to accept the Houthis’ false redeployment from Hodeidah, sources told Al Arabiya.
Earlier this month, a leading figure in the Houthi militia and one of the most wanted by for the Saudi-led Arab coalition, Hassan Zaid, called for the expulsion of Patrick Cammaert from Hodeidah and its ports.
Zaid, who is a minister of youth and sports in the Houthi government, called to end the ceasefire in a statement published on his Facebook account, local media reported. He claimed that Cammaert was trying to hand over Hodeidah and its ports to the coalition.
The UN team was given an initial period of 30 days to monitor a ceasefire between government forces and Houthi rebels in Hodeidah and surrounding areas, with any breaches to be reported by Secretary General Antonio Guterres to the Security Council.
AFP.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…