Yemen's Houthis dismiss reports of limited cease-fire deal with Saudi Arabia

Yemen's top Houthi leader on Friday dismissed reports of reaching a limited cease-fire deal with Saudi Arabia as a "fake news."
"Reports by some U.S. media outlets about reaching a partial deal with Saudi Arabia to cease fire on four areas in Yemen are rumors," said Mohamed Ali al-Houthi, the second-in-command of the Houthi movement.
"Yemen would never accept nothing short of an all-out stop to aggression (war) and the lifting of economic blockade," al-Houthi said in a brief statement obtained by Xinhua.
The Houthis last week offered a peace initiative to Saudi Arabia, proposing a "comprehensive halt of war," and said they unilaterally halted cross-border attacks on the kingdom as a gesture of "good will" to end war.
They offered the initiative just days after they claimed devastating missile attacks on Saudi-owned largest oil producer Aramco that knocked out half of Saudi oil outputs.
Saudi Arabia has been leading an Arab military coalition against Iran-allied Houthis in Yemen for more than four years in support of the exiled internationally-recognized government of Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
Suspected U.S. airstrikes battered rebel-controlled areas of Yemen into Wednesday, with the Houthis saying the attacks killed at least six people a…
US air strikes on Yemen’s Hudaydah City targeted a water management building on Tuesday evening, killing at least three civilians and woundin…
The United States imposed sanctions on Wednesday on Russia-based people and entities working to help procure weapons and commodities - including st…