11 killed by Houthi missile in southern Yemen

About 11 people were killed and dozens injured when a blast struck a military graduation parade in Yemen's southern province of al-Dhalea on Sunday, according to Xinhua News Agency.
A local security official said on condition of anonymity that earlier medical reports showed around 10 soldiers were killed and some 25 others injured during the blast. According to Xinhua, witnesses and medics said at least nine people were killed earlier in the day.
The Yemeni southern Belt Forces, military forces controlling al-Dhalea, accused Houthi rebels of firing a missile at the parade in a Twitter post.
The Houthi rebels who control the northern part of al-Dhalea adopted the bombing.
In another development in August, 38 people were killed in a Houthi-claimed missile attack at a military parade in the southern port city of Aden.
Yemen has been mired in a civil war since late 2014 after Houthi rebels stormed the capital Sanaa and much of the country's north, forcing the internationally-recognized government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile.
The Yemeni southern Belt Forces are part of a Saudi-led coalition battling the Iran-allied Houthi rebels.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…