Al-Qaida kills 2 Yemeni gov't soldiers in Tuesday ambush

A security official announced a surprise attack carried out Tuesday by suspected al-Qaida militants and took lives of two soldiers or Yemen's newly-recruited forces in country's southern province of Abyan.
On state of anonymity, the local security source said "Suspected militants of the Yemen-based al-Qaida branch set up an armed ambush and killed two pro-government soldiers in Al Mahfid district, southeast of Abyan."
He added that a military vehicle boarded by food supplies for the pro-government soldiers stationed in the area was targeted by the ambush.
A residential building belonging to a commander of the local security forces in Al Mahfid was struck earlier this week by militants of al-Qaida group.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…