Military Arrangements Complete to Implement Riyadh Agreement in Yemen

Saudi Ambassador to Yemen Moahmmed al-Jaber announced on Thursday the completion of military arrangements ahead of the application of the acceleration mechanism for the implementation of the Riyadh Agreement.
The deal was signed in the Saudi capital last year between the legitimate Yemeni government and Southern Transitional Council (STC).
In a tweet, al-Jaber said that the separation of forces in Abyan in southern Yemen was complete. They have been transported to Aden under the supervision of a coordination and liaison team and the Arab coalition command.
The redeployment will pave the way for the announcement of a new power-sharing government, which will be based in the interim capital Aden.
Earlier this month, the coalition said consensus had been reached on a new cabinet of 24 ministers, including from STC and Yemeni "political components", and that the government would be announced "as soon as implementation of the military aspect is completed within one week".
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…