Yemen’s foreign minister, UK ambassador discuss peace efforts, UN truce

Yemen’s Minister of Foreign and Expatriate Affairs Ahmad Awadh BinMubarak and Ambassador of the United Kingdom Richard Oppenheim discussed peace efforts and the latest developments in the country on Thursday, the Yemen News Agency (SABA) reported.
The foreign minister highlighted the importance of ending the Houthis’ siege on Taiz, saying millions of Yemenis had been stripped of their basic human rights as a result, according to SABA.
The militia’s refusal to reopen the roads in Taiz would hinder the peace process in Yemen, he added.
The Yemeni government welcomed all efforts to achieve peace in the country and alleviate the suffering of its people, BinMubarak said.
He emphasized that international parties must continue to put pressure on the Houthis to honor their commitments to the truce, SABA reported.
For his part, the UK’s ambassador expressed his country’s continued support of Yemen and peace efforts that will help regain the country’s security and stability.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…