Yemen : Houthis claimed missile attack on Israel

Yemen's Houthi group on Thursday claimed a missile attack against Israel, hours after Israel said it intercepted a strike and retaliated by hitting ports and energy infrastructure.
Houthi spokesman Yahya Saree said the group's forces had targeted "two specific and sensitive military targets in the occupied Yaffa area", near Tel Aviv, with "hypersonic ballistic missiles."
Israel's military had earlier announced the interception of a missile launched from Yemen "before it crossed into Israeli territory."
The launch, as well as the interception, prompted sirens to sound across the parts of the country.
In the following hours, Israel launched a series of air strikes across Yemen's western coast that Houthi media said struck power stations, oil facilities and a port in Hodaidah, killing nine people and injuring others.
Iran denounced the raids as a "flagrant violation of the principles and norms of international law and the UN Charter."
Palestinian group Hamas, also an ally of the Houthis, called Israel's strikes a "dangerous development".
Israel's army claimed it "conducted precise strikes on Houthi military targets in Yemen -- including ports and energy infrastructure in Sanaa, which the Houthis have been using in ways that effectively contributed to their military actions."
Al-Masira, a media channel belonging to the Houthis, said a series of "aggressive raids" were launched in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa and the port city of Hodeidah.
It reported raids that "targeted two central power plants" in and around Yemen's capital Sanaa, while in Hodeidah it said "the enemy launched four aggressive raids targeting the port... and two raids targeting" an oil facility.
It said strikes on the Al-Saleef port had killed seven people, while two more were killed and others injured in the strike on the oil facility.
Thursday's missile interception was the second this week, after a launch from Yemen was intercepted by Israel's army on Monday.
That launch was also claimed by the Houthis, who said it was aimed at "a military target of the Israeli enemy in the occupied area of Yaffa".
Also Monday, an Israeli navy missile boat intercepted a drone in the Mediterranean after it was launched from Yemen, the military said.
The Houthi group are acting in solidarity with Palestinians and pledged Monday to continue operations "until the aggression on Gaza stops and the siege is lifted".
On December 9, a drone claimed by Houthis exploded on the top floor of a residential building in the central Israel city of Yavne, causing no casualties.
In July, a Houthi drone attack in Tel Aviv killed an Israeli civilian, prompting retaliatory strikes on the Yemeni port of Hodeidah.
The Yemeni Houthis claimed on Thursday to have shot down a US drone in western Yemen and attacked US Navy ships in the Red Sea, as Washington escal…
Yemen’s Houthis said a strike they blamed on the United States killed a guard at a communications tower on Thursday, as the Houthi media repo…
The death toll from U.S. airstrikes on Houthi-controlled areas in northern Yemen since March 15 has risen to 61, with 139 others injured, the Houth…