U.S. Navy destroyers shot down incoming Yemen Houthi missiles and drones, U.S. military

Aden-
Two U.S. Navy destroyers shot down incoming Houthi missiles and drones that were targeting three U.S.-flagged commercial ships that the destroyers were escorting in the Gulf of Aden, the U.S. military said.
There was no damage to the ships involved, the U.S. Central Command, or CENTCOM, said in a statement. There were no injuries, the statement said.
The destroyers, the USS Stockade and the USS O'Kane, shot down "a range" of Houthi-launched weapons while traveling through the gulf on Saturday and Sunday, CENTCOM said.
"These actions reflect the ongoing commitment of CENTCOM forces to protect U.S. personnel, regional partners, and international shipping, against attacks by Iran-backed Houthis," the command said in a statement.
The Houthis began their campaign against shipping in response to Israel's war in Gaza, launched after Hamas' Oct. 7 attack into southern Israel. Houthi leaders have vowed to continue attacks until Israel ends its campaign in Gaza and withdraws from the territory.
At least 50,000 people were left without water in western Yemen yesterday after a US air strike hit a drinking water tank in the coastal Hudaydah p…
Members of Saudi Arabia’s Project Masam removed 607 explosive devices from various regions of Yemen last week. The total included 561…
A massive fire broke out in a shopping mall located in Ibb Governorate, Yemen, causing significant damage and widespread panic.  Eyewi…