Ballistic missile launched by Houthis from Yemen intercepted, Israel Defense

Aden-
A ballistic missile launched at Israel from Yemen was successfully intercepted by air defenses outside of Israel’s borders, the Israel Defense Forces said Sunday.
Sirens were triggered across central Israel at around 6:30 a.m. Shrapnel from the interception reportedly fell within Israel. There were no reports of major damage.
Four people were lightly injured as they ran for shelter during sirens, the Magen David Adom emergency service said.
A fifth individual was treated for acute anxiety, MDA said.
The surface-to-surface missile was shot down with the Arrow defense system, which is designed to take out ballistic missiles while they are still outside the atmosphere. According to an Israeli Air Force source, the missile was shot down at a “high altitude.”
The Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen later took responsibility for launching the missile.
In a statement, the group claimed to have targeted a “vital target” in central Israel. The Houthis also vowed to continue attacks on Israel until “the aggression on the Gaza Strip stops.”
Last week, Houthi leader Abdul Malik Al-Houthi said the rebels will keep up their attacks regardless of the truce that halted 14 months of conflict initiated by Hezbollah in Lebanon. The terror group says it is acting in support of fellow Iran-backed proxy Hamas in the Gaza Strip, against which Israel is waging war; the Houthis say they are attacking Israel for the same reason.
Iran has ordered its military personnel to leave Yemen amidst the ongoing US bombing campaign in the country, The Telegraph reported on April 3. Th…
Tensions between the United States and Iran have reached a boiling point as President Trump escalates rhetoric over Iran's nuclear program. In resp…
The Iraqi government has pledged to restrict the activities of Yemen’s Houthi-aligned government within its borders, confining their operatio…